Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Unexpected Delay

I recieved an E-Mail from my Adoption Agency stating the birth mothers Social Worker was requesting more family pictures before she would give her approval for the adoption. This confuses me a bit since I was under the impression the birth mother has not been involved. I'm not sure what the story is, but I will do as they ask. I've E-Mailed the best family pictures I could find. This is very dissapointing since I was hoping to recieve our contracts any day. Hopefully this will not cause too much of a delay.

5 comments:

Rebecca Lily said...

Jaclyn, I have heard of this happening, but how strange since you thought birth mom was not involved. I guess she is more involved than you thought if she is asking for more pictures!

Hopefully all will go smoothly from this point with no more delays - we'll be praying to that end.

Blessings,
Rebecca

Sherry said...

Thats not what I'd be expecting to here either... just a surprise. I hope you get those contracts anyday now & get that court process moving! I'll wish a speedy process your way:)

Its kind-of nice that her BM is involved... who knows maybe you will meet her & have a relationship after adoption day:)

Yvonne Crawford said...

Hi, I just read through your blog, what a really sweet story. I'm sure everything will go well with needing the extra pictures...though I'm sure you'd like to get the ball rolling.

Yvonne
http://yvonnecrawford.blogspot.com

Annie said...

Hi Jaclyn, I just linked to your blog from your comment on Nicole's. I followed your adoption of AiAi on the Yahoo adopting from Taiwan board, but I don't spend much time there now. I didn't know you were adopting again! Xiao Mei is so cute! Rebekah looks so grown up now and as sweet as ever!

Annie
www.twointaiwan.blogspot.com

Taiwankido2 said...

Oh my! I didn't expect this either! I am thinking your thoughts of it going slower this time is right hon. Hang in there and keep us posted!