Friday, July 4, 2008

We're Home!




Hello everyone. We made it home safe and sound, it was a very very long trip home. We left Steph at the airport in Taiwan and it was one of the hardest things I have ever done. There were lots of tears and promises to see each other again. She will always be our daughter in Taiwan.

Rayanna has been doing very well and is nothing like what we were told. Which doesn't really surprise me. She is very active and happy and has not gotten car sick at all. Which is all the opposite of what we were told. We made it through customs with her passport spelled differently than all the rest of the paperwork. I'm not sure if I mentioned it but all through the adoption and all the paperwotk her name was spelled Xiao-Mei with an "X", well when we picked her up all the court documents were spelled with an "S" instead of the "X". doesn't surprise me either, whats a little more aggravation from this process. The good news is she is ours and here in America and we will deal with the spelling of her name later. She was afraid of the dogs when we first got home but has gotten over that already also. She is talking alot with Rebecka in Chinese and Rebecka is translating, we need to get them speaking English and not so much Chinese for now while she learns.

Here is a few pictures.

Jaclyn

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Congrats-Miss M still will not speak Chinese? But is doing very well-When you feeling up to it give me a call!

Sarah k said...

Ok.. the all precious "don't open or die" "only for AIT eyes only" documents... I remember those.. but you got a clear envelope this time.. NO FAIR!!!! That story about the IR3 still blows my mind though.. thank you for that info hon. I am so happy for you guys!!!!