Saturday, February 23, 2008

Check out the Fingers....


Some of you may be thinking "why the heck would you want that?". But, there are many of you who know exactly why i'd want that. I thought this was the find of a lifetime when I saw it. All of us here in America know that this is the "peace" sign, but those of us with Chinese or Taiwanese children know this is what all the people do when having thier picture taken. I'm really not quite sure why, maybe someone can enlighten me on that. Rebecka says it just means "yaayyyy!".

When I brought it home the kids thought it was so cool. Stephanie (my exchange student) was bewildered as to why they would sell that here in America, I had to explain to her the meaning of it here. She had no idea.

No news on the waiting, except we are still waiting. It was very dissapointing to have the week come to an end with no call. God's timing Jaclyn, God's timing Jaclyn!

2 comments:

Mei Lian said...

That's awesome. After almost 6 years in Taiwan I find myself doing the "peace sign" in pictures too. I have no idea how it started too.

Sarah k said...

No, I don't wonder.. I know..lol. Too funny hon!