Saturday, February 9, 2008

Chinese New Years....




We celebrated Chinese New Year Taiwanese style today. We had lots of our adoption friends and their families come to celebrate with us. It was really fun preparing all of the traditional must have dishes for CNY. Check out the pictures closely, you may notice some things a little different than the way we Americans do things. Like the heads still on the fish and the chickens. I know, gross you may say, but thats the way the Chinese cook it and it still tasted the same. But for some reason I still have alot of leftovers. Thanks to all of our friends who came to make this day special for us and our children. I know they appreciate that we care about their culture also.
Jaclyn



2 comments:

Sherry said...

Happy New Year Guys! Kobi & I are wishing you luck for the year to come! (Yeah the whole chicken head being attached thing takes awhile to get past doesn't it? LOL!) You made me laugh!

Kaye said...

What a great party!!! Wow, can you cook, or what! I'm jealous that I couldn't taste all that yummy food and of the short sleves you have on. It's 2 degrees here in Michigan and white out conditions - Florida looks great!!!! Obvioulsy you are the hostess with the mostess - Great Job, Jaclyn,. :)

Kaye