Tuesday, June 24, 2008

AIT

Yesterday we had our appointment at AIT which is the American Institute in Taiwan. They give us the final go ahead to take Rayanna out of Taiwan and give her a visa to America and everything went well. Today we returned to AIT to get her Passport and all the very important documents stapled together and sealed in a brown envelope to not be opened until we give it to customs in America. They will go through it and verify who she is and that all documents are origional and official and allow her into America as a US Citizen! So until we get back to LA we guard it with our life.
Yesterday we had our second very fancy meal with Stephanies family. It was so good, the food was all traditional dishes from the north of China. They have been such wonderful hosts and so thankful to us. We are so thankful to them for being so wonderful to us! The food was so fancy, most of it was unrecognizable, and we were all very brave to try it. Joe and Jesse did so well. I was really impressed with Joe who has been tring and eating everything from grilled whole squid to duck beek and brains. yes folks, duck beek and brains. Oh and don't forget the Duck and Pig blood. Both the girls of course loved all the food and Rebecka missed it and really made up for it. She couldn't get enough of the Duck Blood. That was one of the few things I couldn't get past my lips, but most everything else was very good and sometimes surprisingly so. Looks can be decieving.
Today we are going to Snake Alley and the Toilet Diner where you sit on toilets and eat out of miniature toilet bowls. sounds like fun, especially the soft serve chocolate ice cream.
This morning before we went to AIT, we went back to the orphange to go to Rayannas school to meet her teachers and classmates. It was very touching, her teachers were crying and her best friend couldn't let her go. They were both very upset and I had a very hard time holding back my tears. Especially when her teacher told me how thankful she was to us for adopting her and the wonderful opportunities she will have. We also went to see Rebecka's teacher and she was so happy to see "Ai-Ai" She also told me how thankful she was to us for adopting her and said Rebecka changed alot and looked very healthy and happy. And she also said she was "Nicer" Hmmmm.. I wonder what that meant.
OH, and Rayanna told Stephanie to tell us, especially Joe to call her Rayanna not Xiao-Mei. Imagine that! I almost cried. Joe insists on Calling then Ai-Ai and Xiao-Mei. He has always called Rebecka Ai-Ai. I told them it will be special from thier older brother when they get older that he calls them by thier origional names.
Sorry again I am so short on time. I wish I could tell all the details but we are off again to explore some more. Thank God for Stephanie, she has been with us and the best tour guide ever. Have I mentioned how horribly terrably upset I am going to be to leave her.
talk to you all soon,
Love all of us!

3 comments:

Sarah k said...

Oh that sounds so wonderful! I am so glad that you are exploring more. I hope to follow suit when we get out there to get JO. I am so happy for you guys and can't say that enough. Enjoy your day out and please tell us about the toilet restaurant. LOL.... I just gotta know. By the way.. have you yet again managed to avoid squat toilets????

Carrie said...

I am so happy for you-it sounds like a wonderful meeting and everything is going so well for you! God bless you and keep you and we are praying for you everynight and bedtime for fun and safe return!
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jaclyn and family!!! She is sp adorable!!
Love,
Tracy