Friday, June 27, 2008

TEA!!!..

Hello everyone! we are having such a wonderful time! Rayanna is doing very well, a little fresh with Rebecka but thats probably normal since they already know each other. I just tell her to "be nice" we are all going to have to do some adjusting. But she really seems happy right now, she is very close to Stephanie and her sister because she can understand them and they translate for her. She goes to them when she wants something which bothers me a little but i know when we get home that will change, she won't have them. Yesterday she went to Stephanie at a restaurant and asked her to go to the bathroom. Stephanie told me what she wanted so I took her. I told her she can say "may I go to the bathroom" in English and that she should come to me and she said "OK Mommy". She is calling us Mom and Dad and said " I love you" in chinese for the first time when i put her to bed last night. She will come to me and hug me when i put my arms out to her. She is very cute calling her Uncle Leo " Jo Jo" which is uncle in chinese. The kids tell her Uncle leo but she insists on calling him JoJo, it's very cute. She calls Joseph "Joe" when she said yesterday "wheres Joe" he was standing right there and i pointed to Joseph, she said "no Jo Jo"...LOL
Yesterday we went into the mountains again to an Aboriginies village. I think I spelled it wrong, but they were the origional settlers of Taiwan. It reminded me very much of an Indian Village that we would have in America. With handmade crafts. We went high into the mountains on a Gondola above the most beautiful waterfall ever and ate at a restaurant right across from the waterfall. I don't think I have ever seen anything as beautiful as what we have been seeing in the mountains here. We climbed even higher and up top wa s a playground with all old things like bridges to cross and chair like thing that ride along cables over big drops in the ground. very scary and i couldn't keep track of all the kids i was so afraid they would trip and fall off the mountain. there was no railings and very high drops. The kids had a blast and uncle Leo trapped Joe on one of the cable chairs in the middle of the cable. It was quite funny actually when the rest of us came upon Joe screaming for Uncle Leo hanging in the middle of nowhere. We helped him get down and he thought it was funny also.
After we came down from that mountain, we traveled around the other side of the mountain by a bus that Stephanies family hired (forgot to mention that) to an old Tea Village. We ate at a restaurant where everything was made from tea. We ate deep fried tea leaves and meat made with tea, tea soup, tea oil noodles. many dishes and of course fresh tea. It was a wonderful day. Stephanies fanily has really gone all out to make this a special trip for us. I don't know how I will ever say thank you enough.
Today we will be going to Stephanies uncles Noodle restaurant for Beef Noodle. Then we will go to Taipei 101 which is the tallest building in the world. It is mostly a mall with many food places and you can ride the fastest elevator in the worls to the top. Then we will go to Stephanies grandmothers house for a traditional taiwanese family meal. I can't wait this is going to be so much fun.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh I am glad you are having so much fun!

Kaye said...

It sounds like you guys are having a blast! It's nice to hear that Rayanna said I love you, too. I'm sure it was great to hear :) I'd say it's a pretty good sign if she's kind of picking a light fight with her sister, already. I'm sure they may start competing for your attention when you get home. It will for sure be an adjustment for Rebeka.

Glad to hear everything is going so very well!!! Enjoy your time there!! BTW - What's the weather like??

Jeri said...

Jaclyn, if you think about it, you or Stephanie write these places down. I'd love to visit these places on our next trip. You are doing such fun things on your trip, but your crew is a bit older. =)

Colleen said...

Jaclyn & family...Great to hear you are having a good time and seeing much more than you did your 1st time out to Taiwan. It will very memorable. All is well here..tell Leo, Nicholas was good on his visit with mom and dad. What time do you get into Tampa on the 3rd?? How is the weather?

Love,
Coll & Ron

Sarah k said...

Oh that sounds so wonderfully awesome hon!!! Can you email me with the water fall info and the toilet restaurant when you get back? I would love to go there when we go to get Jo.... I am so glad you are really seeing the island this time. So cool!!!