Saturday, June 28, 2008

Grandma's house....

hello all..it's hard to believe our week is coming to an end soon. But I can't say we didn't get our times worth! Yesterday morning we went to Stephanies Uncles restaurant for Beef Noodle. He has one of those little eateries along the street. there are many of them. It was very good, mine was alittle spicy but still very very good. You know last time we came everyone made big emphasis on not drinking the water or eating from the smaller places or food venders. We have been doing alot of both and everyone has been fine. I;m glad we are not missing out on taste testing because of that fear this time. Of course we are not drining directly from the tap, but everything is made from tap water.
Last night we went to Stephanies Grandmothers for a traditional Taiwanese meal. It was very special to us and for them also. Her grandmother was super nice and we all managed the language barrier very well. The food was amazing and so much preparation went into it. Her grandmother had homemade plum wine. It was very good. but very strong and i could only drink a little. Toasting is very traditional and glasses were being held up to toast about every 3 minutes, It was very fun. Stephs dad kept translating how honored her grandmother was to have us in her home, It was so special.
Jaclyn

5 comments:

Annie said...

I'm glad you are having such a great time Jaclyn! It's so nice that Stephanie's family has shown you so much. I ate everything when I was there too, and didn't have a problem. There are so many delicious new things to try.

Sarah k said...

Thank you for letting us know this. I remember last time we went with you, our agencies made sure we understood NOT TO DRINK THE WATER AND EAT FROM VENDERS...lol. I am glad that you have been freed and freed us from that this time..lol... Enjoy your last moments in Taiwan hon. I am so glad you had such a good time and that Rayanna is doing so well. Amazing. You are really turning my head towards older girl adoption next time...lol.

Carrie said...

In China, we did eat from a vendor and I didn't get sick-thank the lord. But they told us not to but I wanted to really try out China-not just the tours and that. really see China-our rep one night took the husband and I on a tour of real China it was fun! Glad your having a great time! can't wait to see you all and the family pictures!

Jeri said...

I'm so happy that your family hosted Stephanie because I know it makes this trip all the more special. What an exciting time for sure.

Jeri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.