Sunday, June 22, 2008

WE'RE HERE!

Hello Everyone. We made it to Taiwan. The flight didn't seem to be as long as it was the last time, but we were all greatful to land when we finally did. We had no trouble at all getting through immigration and getting our luggage. Very beat up luggage, missing wheels and and a few rips and tears, but at least it was all there. And packing neatly was a waste of time, I think they rifled through all the bags. When we got through with that and entered the main airport lobby, our driver was right there holding a sign with our mane on it. We felt very VIP...LOL.
Our hotel is quite a bit different from where we stayed last time, but the Ceaser Park was a bit out of our budget this time. The Feeling Hotel was more in our budget. It's very small and not nearly as elegant, but the staff have been very nice. We got in at about 1200 at night and we were all excited and couldn't sleep. We went for a walk outside and found a 24 hour store where we bought some snacks. We went back to the hotel and at 2 am decided we had better get to sleep. We were all up by 530...LOL..don't ask me how after we hadn't slept for what felt like 3 days. SOOOOO at 7 am this morning we were walking the neighborhood again, we found a good bakery not too far away. (note taken). we will find that again.
Stephanie met us at the hotel at 9am.
We went to church at a place called Taipei International Church. It was an English speaking service. When we were walking the neighborhood in the morning we found the church which was a total blessing since i knew we wanted to go there but had no idea where it was. It only being 2 block away was a blessing! Some of the music was familiar to us which was nice and praising the Lord here was much like it is back home.
Right now we are at Stephanies house. Meeting her parents have been great and they are all so nice. Her brother is very shy so far and her sister is really friendly. I will be forever greatful to them for allowing Stephanie into our life. We will be going out to dinner with them tonight. It's wonderful to spent time with them and get to know them. I am using her computer right now. She will let me use her laptop and I believe the hotel has internet access, so I will try my best to update my blog. If I can figure out how to get pictures through that computer I will. OH , now that I think Of it I didn't bring my cord for the computer. Well, maybe Steph can use her camera, and get pics into her computer. I know everyone is going to want to see pictures.
Tomorrow is the big day. We will be at the orphange at 10 am to pick up Rayanna.
Wish us luck, and say lots of prayers that it will go well for everyone and that Rayanna will transition well.
Talk to you soon,
Jaclyn

6 comments:

Farrah said...

I'm so happy for you...Sounds like a great trip!
I'm on the InternationalTampa yahoo group, and I think you are a member there but not sure...We are adopting a little guy from Thailand!

Good luck and I will be looking for pictures..

Bill, Gina & Jilliann said...

Oh my gosh...how exciting for you! I'm glad you guys had a great trip and am very surprised that you got ANY sleep! LOL! I know when Bill and I are in that position sleep may be the last thing from our minds!

Please keep us posted and be sure to post lots of pictures!
Take care and good luck!
Gina

Carrie said...

Well we all understand if you can't blog but if you can it will be great how long are you there for 5-6 days? We will continue to keep you in our prayers and I had my 4 year old sunday school class pray for you today they were so cute. They know all about adoption since MJ came home! God Bless take care-If you see any cute 4 year old girls running around let me know I'm going back for adoption number 2.

Sarah k said...

Alright!!!! YOu guys are there and having fun and ready for the big day.. which if it is correct.. you have already gotten there and are meeting Rayanna and doing all your parent stuff. HOW COOL IS THAT????
SO, I will hope to see some pictures on here later tonight. Or tomorrow! The church thing is TOO COOL! That would be really neat! I am glad that you liked the service there and felt somewhat at home! To Awesome!! Thank you again for your help with Jo's stuff! Can't wait to see you guys together with Rayanna!!!!!!!

Colleen said...

Hi Sister & brother-inlaws, newphews & NIECES. Great too hear from you. It's Monday evening, just got home from work, didn't realize I had an email from you, since you got to Tawain. How did your day go picking up Rayanna? Can't wait too hear!!! Please give Steph hugs and kisses. Your brother is concerned on the weather. How is it??As far as feeling important with getting picked up @ the airport..YOU SHOUL!!!! Cuz you ARE!!! Gonna go turn the AC up...it's warm and have dinner...keep us posted. Love ya'S!!!! XOXOXO

Jeri said...

All you do for the internet is plug your computer in. It was free! If you put your memory card into S's camera and let her load pics like she usually would, you should be able to get some pics on.
The hotel isn't fancy, but Eva is awesome. Oh, and I wonder if your luggage was snooped thru from the FL end? We had no problem with ours. You didn't put an aerosol can in there did you?
Can't wait to hear how Monday went for you.